After a long, dreary northwest Washington winter the sun came out this weekend; what a nice surprise! While the spring weather is still working on warming up I was inspired to make some fun pink lemonade and orange popsicles.
Wondering how to make homemade pink lemonade and orange popsicles?! Lets get started:
HOMEMADE PINK LEMONADE
- 1.5 cup water plus 8 cups cold water, divided
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 8 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoon grenadine
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine 1.5 cup water with the sugar. Stir constantly, until the sugar is fully dissolved into the water. Remove it from the heat and pour it into a pitcher.
- Add the remaining water, lemon juice and grenadine. Stir it well to combine.
- Chill it until it is ready to serve.
LEMONADE & ORANGE POPSICLES
- Popsicle Mold (I like the Norpro mold)
- Pink Lemondade
- 2 oranges, cut in rounds
- 10 popsicle sticks - best (or paper straws)
- Fill each popsicle mold with a orange slide (helps to cut round in half)
- Fill each popsicle mold to the top with pink lemonade.
- Secure lid, insert popsicle sticks into mold.
- Freeze for 5 - 6 hours (or overnight)
- Pull out and enjoy! TIP: run warm water over the mold to help release the popsicle from the mold.
Is the sun out in your area? You ready to try to make some fun (and pretty) pink lemonade & orange popsicles of your own?! Happy freezing!